You are Practical Action
Without your support and commitment, our work around the world would simply not happen.
This Supporter Promise is our commitment to you. We will always endeavour to be open, honest and respectful in everything we do.
We are honest and accountable
- We are fully accountable to you, our partners, the UK Government and the communities we work with.
- We will keep you informed about how we use your donations, and the people benefitting from them.
- We accept that things don’t always go to plan. But we commit to listen, learn and adapt should this happen in our work with people in poverty, or our partnership with you.
We put you in control
- You are important to us. We would like to keep you updated on the problems we are tackling and the people we’re working with by sending you newsletters, information and appeals.
- We will only ever communicate with you in the ways you have agreed. We respect your privacy, rights and choice in how we use your information.
- You can change what information you receive, how we contact you, or opt out at any time.
If you want to change your details or ask a question, contact Supporter Services or email email@example.com
We are respectful
- We value you and your opinions. If you get in touch, we’ll always be friendly, honest and helpful.
- We want to know if things go wrong, or you have cause to complain or give us feedback, so that we can apologise. We will listen, respect your opinion and learn for the future.
We protect your privacy
- Your personal information will be handled in a secure and confidential way, in accordance with your wishes. We will never sell or swap it with other organisations.
- We ensure we gather and process your information securely, according to laws and regulations for data protection.
- To help us improve our service, we do sometimes analyse data and obtain further insights about interests, preferences and level of potential donations using publicly available sources. This allows us to provide you with a better experience. If you don’t want us to do this, let our Supporter Services Team know by calling 0800 389 1624.
Find out more about how we collect and use your information at practicalaction.org/privacy, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Supporter Services team
We maintain the highest standards
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are proud to display their logo on all our fundraising materials.
- We take the Code of Fundraising Practice seriously. So our fundraising staff, volunteers and third parties are all committed and trained to deliver the highest possible fundraising standards.
You can speak to our Supporter Services Team by calling 0800 389 1624 Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm
Practical Action is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. Company Reg. No. 871954 | Reg Charity No. 247257 VAT No. 880 9924 76 | Patron HRH The Prince of Wales, KG, KT, GCB