Practical Action's supporters are at the heart of our work.
Supporters like you enable us to continue our vital work with some of the world's poorest communities.
You make our work possible, we value your support and our relationship with you.
We are dedicated to providing excellent care and service to our supporters.
Our team values
As a team we work tirelessly 'behind the scenes' and in all our communications with you to ensure we meet our high expectations. Our team values are:
- Integrity - we are open, honest and transparent in our communications
- Accountable - we value the commitments made by you, our supporters, and we ensure that every donation no matter how small or large is administered to your requirements
- Progressive - we are constantly striving to find ways to improve our service, if things go wrong we want to know so that we can learn from our mistakes and put things right
- Positive - you are important to us and we want you to feel valued, you will receive a friendly, positive, helpful and enthusiastic service
When you make a donation to Practical Action we promise to:
- Administer your donation efficiently putting your gift to work quickly
- Acknowledge and welcome new supporters to provide a link with the communities we are working closely with
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly and respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work
When you contact us by phone, e-mail or letter we promise to:
- Respond to your enquiries in an open, honest, courteous and professional way
- Provide a response to your questions within 2 days or let you know when you can expect a response if we need to obtain information from our offices overseas
- Treat your information in a safe, secure sensitive and confidential way
We endeavour to communicate with you in the ways you prefer, we promise:
- Through our mailings to keep you close to our work and keep you up to date on how your support is helping some of the world's poorest communities
- To communicate with you in ways that you prefer and adapt them to suit your needs to be as flexible as possible
- To safeguard the security of your personal data and ensure that all your transactions are secure and meet strict compliance standards including HMRC, the Charity Commission, Payment Card Industry (data security standards) and with the Data Protection Act
- To listen to your suggestions and make every effort to take these on board
We are aware that sometimes things go wrong, and we are proud of the way we handle these rare instances.
We adhere to the Fundraising Regulator's code of practice. If you have a reason to complain we promise to:
- Acknowledge any complaints within three working days and respond fully within ten working days via your preferred method of contact
We are always interested to know more about you and your views. Our Supporter Services team is dedicated to providing the highest standard of services and if you would like a copy of our complaints procedure please contact us.
The Supporter Services Team is open to take your calls between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Email: email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0)1926 634506