Practical Action works with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy, and shares what works with others, so many more people can change their worlds.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this highly influential director level role will shape Practical Action’s Change Ambitions.
The Director of Influence and Impact will have their eyes on the big picture and future trends, championing Practical Action’s Framework for Change; ensuring that we continue to achieve the maximum positive impact on the lives of women and men and that we capture this impact
|Location||Rugby, UK (options to be based in regional offices/flexible working)|
|Closing Date||20th October|
Experience & Knowledge Essential
- High level analytical skills with the ability to interpret global trends and identify potential implications for organisational strategy.
- A deep understanding of international development, with expertise in a relevant sector – with strong interest in climate and resilience.
- Firsthand experience of working in different countries.
- Excellent networking and representational skills, working comfortably with government, donors, private sector and civil society at all levels.
- Proven experience of design and delivery of influencing strategies for achieving widespread systemic change in an international development setting.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of specialists to work to a group agenda.
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to listen, and to lead.
- Understanding of systems analysis and theories of change.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to gender equality.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Empathy with Practical Action’s vision, mission and values.
- Ability to travel up to 12 weeks per year.
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and learning strategies.
- Post-graduate degree in relevant subject
- A second language (French, Spanish, Arabic)