The Direct Debit Guarantee
Banks and building societies may not accept Direct Debit Instructions for some types of account
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Practical Action will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Practical Action to collect payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Practical Action or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Practical Action asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be requested. Please also notify us.