- Squashed tomato challenge Can your students transport tomatoes without squashing them? CREST in a day award
- Beat the Flood Our great new STEM challenge. Students design and build their own flood-proof home.
- Beat the Flood in Schools Examples of how our new challenge is being used in primary and secondary schools
- Video gallery A range of videos illustrating how STEM is used to improve lives in the developing world
- Concept Cartoons Concept Cartoons - cartoons on environmental issues to to intrigue, provoke discussion and stimul...
- Floating Garden Challenge Our new challenge asks students to find a solution to a problem faced by farmers in Bangladesh
- Technology Justice Students identify their technology needs and wants,then explore the concept of Technology Justice
- Moja Island Challenge students to find a suitable renewable energy solution for their island
Our science, design and technology, and geography resources focus on a whole range of global issues including energy, climate change and disaster risk reduction.
These popular free resources for teachers include lesson plans, PowerPoints, activities, posters, challenges, images, videos and games all set within a global context. Check out our popular STEM challenges if you haven't done so already.
Global learning in Science - how global learning fits the science curricula in the UK
Video gallery - a selection of videos of our work
Beat the Flood in schools - case studies of schools who have taken the challenge
New science curriculum in England - key stages 1-3
Concept Cartoons - Produced with Millgate House Education
Search our online library
Practical Action in Schools newsletter
In the past few weeks, I’ve been visiting schools who are delivering Practical Action’s new Beat ...