This Agroecology Toolkit is a guide on selected Agroecology Technologies by Agroecology Stakeholders Network (AESTANET).
The comprehensive guide offered by this toolkit, supported by the Transforming Rural Economies and Youth Livelihoods Regenerative Agriculture (TREYL) Project and generously funded by the IKEA Foundation, is truly invaluable. It contains information and training materials on 12 different technologies.
The implementation of this project by Practical Action aims to not only support the development of rural economies but also enhance the livelihoods of young individuals through the practice of regenerative agriculture.
The process of formulating this toolkit was spearheaded by Agroecology Stakeholders Network (AESTANET), comprising the following organizations.
1. The Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization (KALRO) - Kibos
2. The Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) - Maseno
3. Manor House Agroecology Hub – Kitale
4. Agriculture Improvement Support Services (AGRISS)
5. County Government of Homa Bay - Agriculture Department
6. National Agricultural and Rural Inclusive Growth Project (NARIGP)
7. County Government of Kisumu - Agriculture Department
8. The Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) - Kakamega
9. Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MoALF)
10. Trees for the Future
11. Busia Environmental and Resource Management (BERMA)
12. Agriculture Community Empowerment Programme ACEP – Rongo
13. Agricultural Society of Kenya - Kisumu Agriculture region
14. VI - Agroforestry
The following individuals are acknowledged for their role in contributing to the write up of the document.
1. Nyabinda Naman – Practical Action, Senior Project Officer in charge of Agroecology, Kisumu regional Officer
2. Dr. Paul Otuoma – Regional Director KEFRI Lake Victoria basin Ecoregion
3. Paul Ochieng’ Omolo – Deputy Centre Director, KALRO Kibos
4. Willis Atie Oula – Assistant Regional Director KEFRI Kakamega Sub region
5. Rose J. Achieng Owenga – County Agri-nutrition officer, Agriculture Department, Kisumu county
6. Christine Ndinya Omboko – Seeds Unit Manager – KALRO Kakamega
7. James Samo – Kisumu Showground Manager -MoALF
8. Joane Okuthe - Project Manager - Trees for the Future
9. Felix Odingo – Curriculum Development Consultant
10. Eric Owiti – Director ACEP
11. Kenneth Ogolla - Project Officer AGMAC