Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in the East Africa office. The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Women in Energy Enterprises in Kenya (WEEK) project which includes oversight of activities in coordination with technical experts in East Africa, as well as direct management of the project team in order to deliver a high quality project. The project manager will also be responsible for all budgets that fund the project and support in the further development of Practical Action’s energy portfolio.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- All aspects of project delivery including development of work plans and budgets, contract management, partner relationships and coordination of field activities.
- Overseeing and ensuring effective implementation and delivery of project activities ensuring quality delivery and performance in line with project objectives and the broader organisational strategic business plan in close coordination with project partners and other project staff.
- Serve as budget holder for the project budget and manage and support delegated sub-budget holders for grants and individual contracts where applicable.
- Work with the support team to ensure that the project activities are implemented in line with the grant agreement and work schedules in a timely manner and within the budget.
- Manage local project partnerships in close collaboration with the specialists including
ensuring sufficient partner capacity to deliver effectively.
An experienced professional, you will have:
- A Master’s degree in international development, rural development or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in managing or leading women’s
economic empowerment programs particularly in the fields of women’s entrepreneurship development and access to finance.
- Proven track record working with an international development organisation, managing projects and working successfully with partners and donors.
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Project Manager – WEEK Project” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Monday 9th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.