- Practical Answers Explore our knowledge bank of appropriate technologies and practical guides on our new, improved website
- Be inspired by these thoughtful and unique gift ideas, and help those who need it most…
- Reporting back Last year we helped over a million people through over 100 projects.
- Blog Action Day Every hour for 24 hours, Practical Action staff blogged for Blog Action Day on inequality.
- Help put an end to the Human Waste of life in Bangladesh Stories like this should never have to be heard or told more than once...
What we do
We use technology to challenge poverty, working with poor women and men around the world.
Make a difference today
With a regular or single gift, you can support our work with poor people in developing countries.
News from our blogs
Connect on our social sites, or read our blogs
Where we work
In Peru and Bolivia, we help communities set up small-scale technological solutions in remote areas where there is no access to basic services, including electricity, heating, clean water and sanitation.
Building on our recent extension of consultancy work into west Africa, Practical Action has recently set up an office in Senegal to deliver impact at scale in Francophone west Africa.
Our offices in Kenya and Sudan work with communities to develop practical solutions in energy, agriculture and urban water and waste, reducing the impact of conflict and disasters. A new office in Rwanda is extending our consultancy and technical information services in the region.
Our Southern Africa office works primarily in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique, with an emphasis on improving access to clean drinking water and better sanitation in urban slums, increasing the productivity of smallholders in arid regions, and increasing energy access in rural and urban areas.
From offices in Nepal, Bangladesh and India, Practical Action addresses the diverse problems facing poor communities in South Asia, in particular concentrating on agriculture, disaster risk reduction and urban waste and sanitation.
Practical Action's head office in the UK provides assistance to all other regional and country offices in the areas of finance, capacity building, technical support and marketing, helping local offices to focus on the main objectives of poverty alleviation.