Practical Action's supporters are at the heart of our work.
Supporters like you enable us to continue our vital work with some of the world's poorest communities.
You make our work possible, we value your support and our relationship with you.
Read our Supporter Promise
Respect you and value your feedback
- You are valued and important to us. When you contact us, you will receive a friendly, honest, helpful and positive service from you dedicated, in-house team.
- If things go wrong, or should you have cause to complain or give us feedback, we want to know so that can apologise. We will listen, respect your opinion and learn for the future.
Maintain the highest standards in our Fundraising
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and are proud to use their logo on all our fundraising materials.
- We take our commitment to the Code of Fundraising Practice very seriously and our fundraising staff, volunteers and third parties are committed and trained to deliver to the highest possible fundraising standards.
Be honest, accountable and transparent
- We are accountable to you, our supporters, as well as our partners, the UK Government and the people we work with across the world.
- To keep you informed on how we use your donations, we will share stories about the people your support helps and how we put your donations to work.
- We acknowledge things don’t always go according to plan. Where this happens in our work with people living in poverty, or in our efforts to partner with you, we listen, learn and adapt.
Protect your privacy and personal data
- We take protecting your personal information seriously. We treat your information in a safe, secure, sensitive and confidential way and in accordance with your wishes.
- We will never sell or swap your details with other organisations to use for their own marketing or fundraising purposes.
- We aim to provide you with a great experience of Practical Action and to communicate with every supporter in the best way possible. To do this, we may analyse your data and obtain further information about interests, preferences and level of potential donations using publicly available sources. If you won’t want us to do this, you only need to tell us. Our Supporter Services team can help on 0800 389 1624.
- We ensure we gather and process your information securely, and according to laws and regulations on data protection.
Put you in control
- You are important to us and sharing stories is vital to our fundraising efforts and critical to delivering our work improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest people around the world. We do this by sending you our information, newsletters and appeals, communicating with you in ways we are allowed and ways you have agreed. We respect your privacy rights and choice in how we use your information.
- If you want to change the information you receive from Practical Action:
- You can update your information at any time
- You can change how we contact you or opt out at any time
- You can change how we use your information at any time
- You are in control so if you want to make any changes or ask questions, please contact our Supporter Services team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also find out more about how we collect and use your personal information by reading our privacy information notice at www.practicalaction.org/privacy.
- For more information about our process for complaints, you can visit www.practicalaction.org/complaints
- If you would prefer to receive a copy of our privacy notice or complaints procedure in the post, please contact Supporter Services.