Swimpact 12-hour Swimathon
Kristine Huang of Bangkok Patana International School in Thailand wrote to us in October 2017 to let us know she was organising an amazing fundraising event combining her two passions of swimming and service. Kristine and two of her swimmates, with the support of her swim team the Tigersharks Varsity, hosted a large fundraising event to raise money for Practical Action in December 2017.
On the 12th day of the 12th month, the event, Swimpact, involved students and teachers from the Bangkok Patana International School swimming for 12 hours. The team raised almost $5,500 equating to over £4,050 - an amazing achievement! Thank you to everyone who took part. If you would like to donate, visit Swimpact's JustGiving page.
Get your fundraising off to a flying start
To go alongside our range of fantastic curriculum-linked teaching resources, we can get your fundraising off to a flying start by providing:
- Promotional materials for fundraising events (posters, display packs, information leaflets)
- T-shirts, badges, wristbands and other merchandise
- Help with promoting your events through Practical Action’s website and social media
- Fundraising tips and ideas
- Assembly presentations about our work
On occasion, we can also supply a volunteer speaker to come in and give an assembly about our work.