Fundraising at School
Educational and fun!
Practical Action really values the support that it gets from schools and groups. We find that when children raise money for us, they understand why they are doing it and how it helps people as our work is so tangible.
In conjunction with the resources available on our Education website, we can help to give a global dimension to learning and also an opportunity for linking your fundraising to the school curriculum areas including Design and Technology, Geography and Science. Ideal STEM and CREST Activities too!
Check out our Activity Plan below where we’ll have some fantastic materials available to make lessons exciting and engaging, giving the opportunity to learn lots, think about even more and make a real difference…
Latest Fundraising Activities
- School Partners Programme - partner with Practical Action for a year and get closer to our projects than ever before.
- Business Enterprise Challenge - sell products that you've made from recycled materials
- Harvest Appeal - collect your small change to make a BIG CHANGE
- Technology Justice Sponsorship Challenge - get sponsored to give up a favourite technology, to bring the right technology to where it's really needed.
- OrangeAid - get involved in this fun event every January (or any other time if that works better!) - brighten up your day and brighten up someone else's life.
- The Squashed Tomato Challenge - discover more about gravity ropeways with this fun activity!
- Schools Fundraising Pack - download our pack to help you fundraise throughout the year
Schools and Young People Activity Plan 2014 -2015
Activity plan for Schools and Young People for 2014 to 2015
Here are guidelines for good practice when fundraising with young people. These guidelines will demonstrate how to unlock the educational potential of fundraising with young people.
Education plays a vital role in helping children and young people recognise their contribution and responsibilities as citizens of this global community - giving them the skills to make informed decisions and take responsible actions. Comparisons can be made between local and global issues, so pupils can examine their own values and attitudes and then appreciate the similarities and differences between people everywhere.
Our Schools Pack gives more information about Practical Action and our simple ideas that make a difference to so many people globally.
You could nominate us as your Charity of the Year, become one of our School Partners or simply organise a one off event for us - at Harvest time maybe? Whatever you decide we will really appreciate anything that you choose to do. We will be on hand to offer you personal support, advice and the resources you need from us to get the best out of your event.
Please give us a call on 01926 634537 or e-mail email@example.com with any queries or to request a pack by post.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Download our activity plan and put on the noticeboard at school!
Small Change for Big Change
Walk for Water
The Squashed Tomato Challenge!
If you have any questions, please do contact us and we'll do all that we can to help.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01926 634537