PMSD training in Gwanda, Zimbabwe
6 March 2015
Practical Action Consulting Southern Africa (Markets Team) facilitated a five day Participatory Market Systems Development (PMSD) training workshop for the TROCAIRE project partners. The training was held at Gwanda Hotel from 2-6 March 2015.
The workshop attracted participation from 32 heads of government district departments and partners which included
- Dabane Trust (DT)
- Zimbabwe Project (Zim Pro)
- Department of Agricultural Technical and Extension Services (AGRITEX)
- Department of Livestock Production and Development (LPD)
- Department of Veterinary Services (DVS)
- the Department of Irrigation
- the Ministry of Small to Medium Enterprises and Cooperatives Development (MSMECD)
- the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP)
The workshop was viewed as an eye opener to market blockages and opportunities for smallholder vegetable farmers in Gwanda district. Feedback from participants revealed that they now appreciate markets work.