Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for Technical Advisor, WASH & Waste Management. This is a crucial role within the regional team as the person is accountable for providing innovative and impactful thought leadership in the East Africa Region. Across all our work, we aim to achieve impact at scale using our Framework for Change. This involves an in-depth analysis of the nature, scale and source of the challenge, defining the change we want to bring about in the system and in people’s lives and using our three pathways to demonstrate what works, learn and use knowledge and evidence to inspire others to adopt similar approaches. Innovation is at the core of what we do with a focus on climate change and gender across all our work.
The Technical Advisor is a member of the Technical and Consulting Team in East Africa and a key member of the Global Urban Services Change Ambition Hub, contributing to global leadership on our thematic area, supporting our global agenda on evidence and learning, and ensuring synergy between our national and global work.
The Technical Advisor is responsible for:
- Leading the development of our contribution to the organizational change ambitions in WASH &Waste Management, ensuring national / contextual relevance, using the Framework for Change
- Shaping the learning agendas that will support the change we want to achieve and shape our influencing approach and messages
- Developing and nurturing strategic relationships with external decision-makers in government, the private sector and donors/clients in support of our change ambitions
- Providing technical expertise in the design and delivery of both delivery projects and Practical Action consultancies.
An experienced professional, you will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Water/ Sanitation/Hygiene programming within the WASH sector as well as proven technical expertise in terms of WASH project assessments, design, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and stakeholder engagement. You will also be a holder of a University degree in Civil/Environmental/Engineering and/or Public Health or Environmental health.
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- The opportunity to work remotely
- 25 days annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
HOW TO APPLY:
A detailed Job Profile can be accessed from the download section.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Technical Advisor – WASH & Waste Management” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Wednesday 13th November 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.