The intern will support the Programme Delivery Unit team for facilitating and managing projects related to safe water, sanitation, hygiene, faecal sludge management, waste management, agriculture, disaster risk reduction. S/he will support both humanitarian and regular development projects and coordinate the activities with other units of Practical Action. S/he will have to travel frequently to relevant project locations.
– Documentation and Reporting
- Support and facilitate project activities with multiple stakeholders
- Understand the filed level uses of the mechanical technologies used in faecal sludge management and treatment
- Provide technical inputs for commercializing desludging technologies and work with private sector
- Monitor activities of the project and track performances against the deliverables timeline along with financial aspect of the project
- Active support in project management and implementation
- Collect information through project staff under different components and furnish periodical reports for the management and donor
- Coordinate with local partner organizations and their staff to ensure access to accurate and reliable information from the field
- Assist the Project Coordinator and Senior management in preparing various reports and documents related to the project
- Undertake field visits to implement project activities, organize events, check accuracy of the information generated from the field
– Knowledge Material Development
- Develop case studies and other relevant knowledge materials with coordination from the field
- Develop ToR and coordinate all contracting procedures for hiring consultants
- Coordinate will private sector, consultant and vendors for timely completion of work
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred) from a reputed institution
- Excellent English writing, analytical and communication skills
- Willing and able to travel independently in remote project locations
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, the compensation and benefit details are mentioned below:
Salary & benefits: Monthly consolidated BDT 15,000- 20,000 including all other benefits and allowances. Experienced and skilled candidate would be offered with appropriate packages.
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage. We are a registered charity.
Improving harvests through planet-friendly farming innovations. Transforming lives through affordable, renewable energy. Reducing vulnerability created by climate change or disaster. Demonstrating sustainable ways to improve clean water access and sanitation. Unlocking economic opportunities that allow whole communities to thrive.
Just a few of the ways we help people unleash their potential and protect our world for future generations.
How to apply
Please apply online through uploading your CV mentioning two referees by 20 August 2019 using the link at the top right of this page.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.