Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer – Gender and Advocacy under the Women in Energy Enterprises in Kenya (WEEK) Project in the East Africa office. The Project Officer – Gender and Advocacy is responsible for spearheading the delivery of the gender and energy advocacy and influencing activities including an awareness campaign in order to deliver high quality project outputs under the Women in Energy Enterprises in Kenya (WEEK) project
The Project Officer – Gender and Advocacy is responsible for:
- Planning and implementation of the advocacy component of the WEEK project
- Establishing dialogue, sensitizing, lobbying and support gender mainstreaming in the county energy planning processes including training of county staff on gender and energy nexus with other sectors
- Establishing dialogue with community organisations and partners at local, sub-national and national level to mobilise their support and participation in the project’s advocacy and influencing agenda.
- Lead assessments/studies on gender and energy issues at community, county and national to support the project’s gender and energy advocacy agenda
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager and the rest of the project team to plan and deliver communications outputs of the project, including the national campaign
An experienced professional, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, Sociology, Rural development or related studies from a reputable University.
- At least 5 years working experience with three years in the energy and gender field or relevant working experience in NGOs on advocacy and leading campaigns
- An excellent understanding of gender and energy issues and women economic empowerment
- Good understanding of the institutional framework pertaining to energy and poverty in Kenya
- Strong policy advocacy skills and ability to negotiate and network with broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent advocacy, lobbying and training skills
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Project Officer – Gender and Advocacy” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Monday 9th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.