Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for an Intern under the Climate and Resilience Programme in the East Africa office. The Intern will be expected to directly support the development of community resilience and work with technical experts within the organization.
The Intern is responsible for:
- Mobilizing local communities in line with program requirements
- Planning, participating in and supporting community events including meetings, surveys and other outreach activities
- Supporting the identification and profiling of potential candidate communities for climate change adaptation in adherence to set guidelines
- Supporting capacity building of local communities in the project location while ensuring that support to the communities is timely and as per project expectation.
- Supporting with first-hand advice towards achieving social-cultural harmony with community and programs
- Supporting in community adaptation planning, monitoring of plans including reviews and appraisals
- Contributing to the identification and analysis of trends, threats and risks in the area of climate resilience with respect to community development and livelihoods, while building this into research and learning from the project
- Contributing to the production of clear and quality reports that demonstrate good accountability.
You will have:
- First degree or diploma in community development/disaster risk reduction/climate
change/Development studies or any other relevant subject from any reputed university or institution.
- A native speaker of local language and a resident of Turkana County
- Ability and passion to work with local communities towards a shared vision
- Proficient in communicating with different stakeholders
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Intern – Climate and Resilience” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Wednesday 11th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.