Practical Action is a change making organization that works in unconventional ways. We bring people together in bold collaboration using knowledge and innovation to build futures free from poverty and help shape a world that works better for everyone. Through our WASH programs we enable people living in poverty to access safe water; help provide affordable sanitation and waste management services in urban and peri-urban areas. Practical Action focuses on strengthening local governance and community participation in decision making towards appropriate low cost WASH technologies and practical solutions that are responsive to the needs of poor communities to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
Consultant(s) Roles and Responsibilities
The Consultant(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Undertake a desk review/ study with a view of finding out the areas which are not currently served in Nyalenda A
- Produce GIS mappings for the proposed distribution and service lines in Nyalenda A informal settlement
- Identification and mapping of areas to be rehabilitated
- Production of Profiles designs and drawings
- Development of Bills of quantities for the proposed works to be undertaken under the final phase
- Obtain approval from KIWASCO on the proposed designs, and drawings
- Prepare tender/ bid documents for the proposed work.
The consultant(s)/firm will comprise the evaluation experts with the following skills and
capabilities in the team:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental and Biosytems, or Water Engineering degree or a related engineering field.
2. Practical knowledge and applications on GIS mappings.
3. At least 5 years’ practical experience in production of Water infrastructure designs and supervision.
4. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is mandatory
5. Experience working in Kisumu’s 3 informal settlements will be an added advantage.
6. Previous experience working with KIWASCO on production of designs and drawings
For a detailed Terms of Reference of the assignment please visit the supporting documents section.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested consultant(s) are invited to submit the applications/proposals to email@example.com with subject line “Development of designs, profiles, GIS Mappings And BOQ’s for last mile pipeline extensions in Nyalenda-A’’ so as to reach Practical Action on or before 23rd October, 2020.
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.