Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Consultant in Bungoma and Busia, Kenya. The Consultant will have an overall responsibility of to develop and disseminate podcasts meassages through audio and video for energy entrepreneurs learning and knowledge advancement on a rolling basis.
Practical Action is currently implementing an alternative fuels’ project dubbed ‘Access to Alternative Fuels for Cooking and Productive Use in Kenya project’ in peri-urban and rural areas of Bungoma and Busia Counties.
The specific project objective of the project is to increase access to alternative fuels for cooking and productive use through market development support for alternative fuel entrepreneurs The key intervention area is to provide market development support for alternative fuel entrepreneurs to grow sustainable businesses and increase access of alternative fuels for households and institutions; as well as for productive use.
The Consultant will report to the Project Manager.
The podcasts messages will focus on the following key areas of knowledge gap as identified by the entrepreneurs:
- How to establish and grow my business
- Business sustainability and diversification
- Simple business planning techniques and its importance in business
- Business financing and credit management for debtors and creditors
- Financial literacy (borrowing, lending, saving)
- How to win the support of your family members into the business
- Product pricing and business profit calculation
- How to effectively handle products distribution/distribution channels
- How to stay afloat in business during harsh economic times
- How to effectively sell my product brand in the face of multiple superior brands in the market
- How to receive optimum benefits from clean energy business
- How to handle GBV issues in our businesses
- Customer care and after sales services
- Affordable marketing strategies/product promotion
- Covid-19 sensitization (social distancing, proper wearing of mask and its sanitation)
- Bookkeeping/record keeping
- How to make quality briquettes/pellets (production process)
The individual consultant or the team leader of the consulting entity requires:
- Degree in education, business, communications or related field
- Experience in enterprise development using digital technology
- Experience in podcast production, management and support services
- Experience in using podcasts in training and learning
For detailed Terms of Reference of the consultancy please visit: Supporting documents section
HOW TO APPLY:
- Qualified and interested consultants should submit the below requirements to email@example.com with subject line “consultancy services to train last mile Energy Entrepreneurs” so as to reach Practical Action on or before 21st September 2020.
- A motivational letter addressing the Terms of Reference
- The individual’s profile, with relevant experience
- A concept note of how the consultancy will be implemented including methodology, approach and tools for undertaking the assignment
- A tentative budget/Financial proposal
- Three (3) references from past clients
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.