The Assistant Project Officer plays a key role at organizational level by supporting the programme management team with detailed analysis of project performance and documentation that helps in smooth implementation of projects on integrated waste management.
- Assist and support programme team in achieving project deliverables by maintaining frequent coordination with the implementation team at the field level and other relevant stakeholders.
- Furnish fact sheets for different technologies on integrated waste management (Faecal Sludge Management, Solid Waste Management, Plastic Waste Management)
- Assist Programme Manager in managing awards through proper analysis of contracts and agreements signed with various donors and development partners
- Monthly expenditure and budget tracking for efficient award management
- Assist in Capacity building and awareness raising training, campaign, workshop facilitation and ensure proper documentation.
- Assist in implementing project activities according to the work plan in line with project activities and facilitate the PNGOs for implementing the activities.
- Ensure completion of the project in a timely manner and within the budgetary limits and develop project reports on a timely basis.
- Support Business Development and Quality Assurance unit in writing proposals and business plans with a view to securing funding for future projects and programmes.
- Carry out analysis of different elements of projects/programmes in determining the performance, potential impact and inform future project design.
- Carry out the exercise of process documentation for selected projects to track the performance of the project and capture critical learning.
- Networking with likeminded INGOs, academia, private sector, Government on issues of common interest for consortium building.
- Represent Practical Action internally and externally (particularly to donors) on strategic matters as relevant.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical)/Economics/Business Administration/Public Health/Anthropology with a minimum CGPA 3.0 or equivalent
- Understanding of development work and humanitarian response efforts, preferably related to waste management
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to set priorities
- Excellent English writing, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent ability to work with a virtual cross-functional team
- Willing and able to travel independently outside Dhaka
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work. In addition, the compensation and benefit details are mentioned below:
Salary & benefits: Monthly Gross BDT 33,000 – 35,000 and other benefits i.e. Festival Bonus, Gratuity, PF, Insurance coverage as per organisation policy, subject to qualification and experiences.
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage. We are a registered charity.
Improving harvests through planet-friendly farming innovations. Transforming lives through affordable, renewable energy. Reducing vulnerability created by climate change or disaster. Demonstrating sustainable ways to improve clean water access and sanitation. Unlocking economic opportunities that allow whole communities to thrive.
Just a few of the ways we help people unleash their potential and protect our world for future generations.
How to apply
Please apply online through uploading your CV mentioning two referees by 20 August 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.