About the role
We are looking for a Digital Experience Officer to join our team to ensure that all our digital channels are maintained and coordinated to provide our supporters with an inspiring journey experience.
By developing a sophisticated understanding of the goals for our digital marketing programmes and activities, you will produce reports and dashboards to monitor and interpret the data relating to our performance in real time and over the longer term.
You will manage our social media and email systems such as Falcon, Hootsuite and Dotmailer, leading to the optimisation of user experience across these channels and enabling an audience centric approach to campaign planning.
You will present your analysis of the factors contributing to our digital performance through a regular schedule of real time, daily, and periodic reports in formats that are consumable for a less technical audience. Using your findings to make recommendations for improvements to marketing activity, data selection and segmentation, testing plans and user journeys based on solid evidence and informed evaluation.
By understanding and interpreting benchmark data and best practice research you will compare and improve our performance in line with external standards and user needs.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level ideally with a strong marketing, business, maths or statistical element. Underpinned by excellent numeracy and analytic skills and an up-to-date knowledge of data management and warehouse systems.
You must have a technical understanding of digital channel management and relationships between these channels as well as an extensive understanding of digital data analytics in a marketing environment. Underpinned by practical experience of digital tools in understanding and improving user experience and an ability to share this expertise to provide training and user support.
With significant experience of performance analysis of organic and paid for digital stats including email, website performance and social media performance, you must have the ability to communicate complex concepts simply verbally, in dashboards and reports. We are looking for someone who is deeply curious to understand what the data is telling us and why this is the case and can evidence how their analysis and recommendations have led to improved business performance.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
Our brand new open plan offices are located in the centre of Rugby and near to Rugby train station but we also offer free parking.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Full time roles are contracted at 35 hours per week.
- Most staff in the UK are currently working from home due to coronavirus and we expect to it be this way for some time. It is however our practice normally that we operate an agile flexible working policy, where flexible working hours are enabled as well as remote working (between 2-3 days per week depending on the role).
- 26 days holiday rising with continuous service, in addition to public holidays.
- Pension scheme - employer contributes 10.5% of salary and the employee contributes 5%.
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary).
- Bike to Work scheme.
We are an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
- Please note that should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
- We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
- Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.
Please note that, should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 27th October