Big change starts small
At Practical Action we believe in the power of small to create big change. And that when we collaborate and pool skills and knowledge, we can create a world that’s better for everyone.
We already have solutions that work. From planting climate resilient seed varieties in Nepal, to regreening deserts in Sudan. We know that when equipped with the right plans and approaches, people on the frontline of climate change can withstand storms and floods. And they can make long-term changes to cope with more frequent droughts and changing weather patterns.
Please make a gift today. You will help provide practical support to communities around the world, so they can adapt to the challenges of climate change and build bright, resilient futures.
“Climate change has brought many challenges for us. But the new farming techniques I’ve learned make me feel more confident.”
– Suliman Hamen Abull , local farmer, Majzoub
Suliman is proof of what’s possible
Positive change is already happening for Suliman (pictured) in North Darfur, Sudan. Climate change is causing longer and more frequent droughts. But a combination of solutions, including improved dams to capture water, better irrigation systems and planet-friendly farming techniques, is bringing the once-arid land back to life.
Now Suliman’s community are building a climate resilient future for themselves, despite the challenges.
Their story is proof that small solutions can create big change. With your support we can work with more people, like Suliman, on the frontline of climate change. Please donate today. Together, we can spread success.
We believe in possible
We know that ingenuity can tackle the world’s toughest problems. We’ve worked with communities to prove it’s possible to:
- Turn desert into lush fields in Sudan, so farmers can thrive despite climate change
- Replant areas of rainforest in Peru, so coffee growers can succeed sustainably
- Turn plastic waste into fuel in Bangladesh, cleaning up slums and rivers and creating jobs
It’s what we’ve been doing for over 50 years.
But we need to do more
People living in poor communities have never faced such a tough reality.
- Climate change has caused an increase in devastating floods, storms and landslides. We can help communities avoid disaster.
- Permanent changes to temperature and rainfall are making farming almost impossible. We can help farmers adapt and thrive.
- The long term impact of coronavirus is pushing millions deeper into poverty. We can help create jobs, improve incomes and boost businesses.
You support will help make this possible.
Your gift will go further than you imagine
Regular support through monthly giving will:
- Provide us with the predictable income we need to embark on ambitious long-term projects with communities around the world.
- Allow us to pioneer innovative approaches that can be replicated elsewhere, by other development groups and governments.
- Enable us to unlock grants from large donors, such as the UK Government and UN bodies.
Feel part of the change
You’ll feel involved and inspired by the work your support is making possible.
- We’ll bring you uplifting updates from the communities we work with, our teams who work alongside them and our technical experts.
- We’ll keep you up to date with the progress and some of the big global issues through email updates and our supporter magazine
- You can delve into content on our website and join the conversation on our social media channels.
For every £1 we receive in donations, just 9 pence is spent on fundraising. The remaining 91% is spent on charitable activities, including 1% on essential governance.
(2018/19 audited accounts, produced to Charity Commission norms).
We are trusted by the UK and overseas governments who fund some of our projects, along with major foundations, corporations and UN bodies.