The Sustainable Energy for Rural Communities Project (SE4RC) Mid-Term Evaluation
Under the 10th European Development Fund, Practical Action and Partners, Dabane Trust, SNV Netherlands Development Organization; Humanist Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries (Hivos), Churches Action in Relief and Development (CARD) and Environment Africa are implementing a Renewable Energy Project titled, “Sustainable Energy for Rural Communities (SE4RC)” that contribute to the attainment of the SE4ALL goal that aims to ensure ‘universal access to modern energy services’ in rural areas of Malawi and Zimbabwe.
Practical Action and partners are looking for the services of a Consultant to systematically and independently assess the project`s performance during the period 1 February 2015 to 31 January 2017 in terms of expected results as described in the project documents focusing on the project strengths and weaknesses, gaps, successes and constraints in the design, administration and operations. Evidence and findings from the Evaluation will actively be used to satisfy donor contractual obligations and for learning, reinforcing or redirecting the project’ strategies and approaches to increase efficiency and effectiveness
Qualifications, experience and competence
The review team members should possess the following qualifications, experiences and skills (complementary set):
- At least a Degree in the following areas: Renewable Energy; Social Studies; Development Studies or any related qualifications. A Master’s Degree in any of the above listed academic fields is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years or more extensive experience in complex evaluations with practical quantitative and qualitative evaluation with reputable NGOs or UN Agencies and should have carried out at least two mid-term reviews/final evaluations of similar projects in the last 3-5 years.
- Knowledge of current policies, strategies, trends and challenges in Renewable Energy in Zimbabwe, Malawi as well as global, regional trends and challenges is an added advantage.
- Have the ability to draft concise reports and communicate the review/evaluation results clearly.
- Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage to facilitate direct communication with the beneficiaries.
Terms of reference
Detailed TORs can be requested at the addresses below.
Submission of proposal / bid
All proposals /bids must be delivered in PDF via email clearly marked -“The Sustainable Energy for Rural Communities Project (SE4RC) Mid-Term Evaluation” at email@example.com
Deadline for submission was 13 January 2017 at 12.00 Hours