MEM-GVEP coordination platform
Practical Action is working with GVEP in Peru, as part of the MEM-GVEP coordination platform, on a national energy action plan for Peru. Under IDB funding, Practical Action has completed an assessment of the existing status of renewable energies and biofuels in Peru.
International course of specialization in renewable energy for rural electrification August 2007
This bilingual, hands-on course was geared to develop participants' skills in evaluation, design, installation, and management of isolated systems of electric generation from renewable energy.
Research themes (1992-1996):
- The role of cities in rural development (new markets, new employment, innovation and generation of new capacities).
- Role of small industries in regional development (adding value to agricultural products)
Research themes (1996-1999):
- The importance of public-private sector partnerships to overcome poverty and promote local development (key role of social capital in development processes)
- The importance of local government in promoting development of rural areas.
- The importance of a gender focus in technology transfer projects.
- ICT's and their role in development.
- Rural transport.
- Support to monitoring, evaluation and sistematization of ITDGPractical Action projects.
- Impact of public-private partnerships in local poverty eradication and in the conservation of natural resources.
- Social responsibilities of private enterprise in local development and poverty eradication.
- Economic and political decentralization in Latin America and the impact on local poverty alleviation.
- Impact of urban-rural links in the alleviation of urban poverty.
- Small enterprises and globalization: changes in technology, markets, training and finance systems.
- New information and communication technologies and their impact on development.