South Asia - Nepal and India
- People and technology: transforming lives Our strategic plan: making positive changes through the use of new knowledge and technologies.
- Video: Payal Gurung Physical disability doesn't deter Payal from being an active member of her local Disaster Managem...
- Annual report A report on our activities in the financial year 2012-13.
Practical Action's South Asia office works to improve the livelihoods of the poor and disadvantaged by implementing sustainable development. We aim to achieve this by building technical skills and undertaking the research, application and dissemination of appropriate technologies.
The state of Odisha (formerly Orissa) lies on the eastern coast of India. Practical Action has been working in Odisha for several years, and project there are now coordinated from our local office in Odisha, as part of our South Asia office, with its head office in Kathmandu.Read more
Practical Action South Asia Regional Office currently works under the strategy period 2012-17 and has regarded "Technology Justice", "Innovation" and "Scale up" as its guiding principles and prioritised working areas mainly into four sectors and two cross cutting sectors realising its comparative advantages in these sectors:
- Access to energy
- Agriculture, markets and food security
- Urban waste, water and sanitation
- Disaster risk reduction
The two cross-cutting sectors are
- Making markets work for the poor
Technical information service
- Understanding disaster management in practice
- Mainstreaming Livelihood Centered Approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction
- Improving livelihoods security of socially-excluded communities in Nepal (ILISSCON)
- Sustainable agriculture with bazaar for advancing the livelihoods of conflict-affected poor people (SABAL)
- Smoke workshop
South Asia (Nepal) annual report 2012-13
Practical Action South Asia office's annual report for 2012-13, focussing on our work in Nepal.
Practical Action South Asia office is managed by Achyut Luitel and the office includes heads of programmes as well as the requisite human resources and logistical support necessary for the timely and high quality
implementation of projects which includes:
- Policy, Planning and Quality Assurance
- Fundraising and Communications
- Finance, Administration and Personnel