- Urban Services We work to improve access to services such as faecal sludge management, solid waste management, w...
- Reducing vulnerability We help poor people to use technology to cope with natural disasters, environmental degradation a...
- Markets and livelihoods We help poor people to make a better living – by enabling producers to improve their production, ...
Practical Action's work in Bangladesh has evolved over time to meet the challenges of poverty, inequality and vulnerability. Deeply committed to helping the poor in Bangladesh, our work on appropriate technology as a means to improve poor peoples livelihoods has been flexible and responsive to local conditions and needs.
Practical Action, through its programmes in Bangladesh, works primarily by:
- developing, upgrading, demonstrating and putting into practice appropriate technology within communities using participatory approaches.
- giving skills training and extending capacity building support to NGO/GO staff
- sharing knowledge and disseminating information and research findings among key stakeholders
- enabling producers and entrepreneurs information and skills for making access to market opportunities and linkages
- promoting advocacy and influencing for policy change
The country programme is organized into three thematic areas, namely:
Every year in monsoon, the Ganges, the Brahmaputra, the Meghna and their hundreds of branches car...
Annual Report 2014, Practical Action, Bangladesh
Annual Report 2014
Annual Report 2014
Please address enquiries to the Country Director or the Manager of the respective program to the following address.
Practical Action Bangladesh
House 12/B, Road 4
Dhanmondi, Dhaka- 1205
Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205
P.O. Box number: 3881
Tel: +880 (0) 2-9672683, 9675236, 9675243
Fax: 8802 9674340
Please note that the address and telephone numbers were updated on 25 September 2014.