South Asia - Nepal
- People and technology: transforming lives Our strategic plan: making positive changes through the use of new knowledge and technologies.
- Video: Payal Gurung Physical disability doesn't deter Payal from being an active member of her local Disaster Managem...
- Annual report A report on our activities in the financial year 2012-13.
Practical Action South Asia Nepal office works to improve the livelihoods of the poor and disadvantaged by implementing sustainable development. We aim to achieve this by building technical skills and undertaking the research, application and dissemination of appropriate technologies.
The Practical Action South Asia office in Nepal currently undertakes work through its government, non-government and private sector partners under four main areas:
- Reducing vulnerability
- Making markets work
- Promoting infrastructure for the poor
- Responding to new technologies
Practical Action South Asia Office
PO Box 15135,
Narayan Gopal Sadak, Maharajgunj
House no. 2677
Telephone: +00 977 1 4720 803, 4720 804 and 4720 761
Fax: +00 977 1 4720 402
- Annual report 2011-12
- Understanding disaster management in practice
- Mainstreaming Livelihood Centered Approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction
- Improving livelihoods security of socially-excluded communities in Nepal (ILISSCON)
- Sustainable agriculture with bazaar for advancing the livelihoods of conflict-affected poor people (SABAL)
- Smoke workshop
Practical Action Nepal Office is managed by Achyut Luitel and the office includes heads of programmes as well as the requisite human resources and logistical support necessary for the timely and high quality
implementation of projects which includes:
- Policy, Planning and Quality Assurance
- Fundraising and Communications
- Finance, Administration and Personnel
South Asia (Nepal) annual report 2012-13
Practical Action South Asia office's annual report for 2012-13, focussing on our work in Nepal.