Nightrider ™ - Good Luck to Practical Action's 2015 team!
Nightrider ™ - a bike ride around London at night; a chance to see London in a different light
When: setting off late evening on Saturday 6th June 2015
GOOD LUCK TO THE PRACTICAL ACTION TEAM!
What is happening in the 2015 Nightrider?
- This amazing cycling event will give you the opportunity to see London as you’ve never seen it before.
- New for 2015 there will be a film and music theme, so watch this space…
- Also new for 2015, there's a 60km route and a 100km route too.
How much is it?
Registration has now closed!
What will the cyclists get?
- Choice of either the 60km or 100km bike ride - both take in London's iconic sites
- Choice of start time
- Choice of start point - Lee Valley VeloPark** (site of the Olympic Velodrome in east London) or Crystal Palace
- Fully signposted route - Here's the route
- Map and GPS available near event
- Practical Action cycling top and Nightrider hi-viz vest
- Cycle mechanic and sweep vehicle
- First aiders and security staff
- Break stops every 20 km with snacks and water
- Breakfast on finish
- Practical Action fundraising pack
** Please note - Start point changed from Alexandra Palace.
Remember our orange lady? Well she's only gone and won the MOST INNOVATIVE NIGHTRIDER FUNDRAISER AWARD!
Where does my money go?
At Practical Action we work with poor people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We believe that the answer to poverty should be long term, so using simple sustainable technology we can help people help themselves out of poverty.
Your donations could support so many of our projects like helping people in Bangladesh continue to grow food even when their land has been washed away by floods; or enabling families in Sudan preserve their precious crops so they can continue to feed their families long after the harvest.