Make the Link
Help the next generation make the link between science and global poverty reduction
Make The Link offers four units of work looking at topics like the provision of clean water, the impact of climate change across the world, the development of clean, fuel-efficient stoves for cooking meals and ways of preserving food in areas with no access to powered refrigeration.
Each unit offers:
- Six comprehensive lessons to support the new science curriculum
- Teacher’s notes, pupils worksheets and other support materials
- Flexible delivery, can be delivered in science lessons or STEM clubs
- A focus on practical enquiry based learning
- Links to secondary sources of information
The materials have been developed by the Centre for Science Education of Sheffield Hallam University and Practical Action. They are suitable for KS2( 7-11 years) - KS4 (14-16 years)
This project is funded
by the European Union.