Head of Programme - Urban WASH
Practical Action is a UK based organisation, which aims to reduce poverty through wider use of appropriate technologies in developing countries. It works in more than 45 countries through its offices in Bangladesh, Bolivia, India, Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Zimbabwe.
Practical Action in Nepal is working primarily in four programme areas – Energy; Inclusive Agriculture; Urban Services – WASH; and Disaster Risk Reduction. Practical Action seeks to recruit a Head of Programme (HoP) for its Urban WASH Programme based in the Regional Office, Kathmandu in Nepal. Reporting to the Regional Director, the incumbent will lead the development and implementation of Practical Action’s Urban Services - WASH Programme in Nepal and South Asia (SA).
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Master's degree in any discipline related to the subject with at least five years of relevant work experience and with an understanding of recent major issues in the field
• Analytical skills including proven experience in developing Logical Framework and Theory of Change
• Experience of practical field based research and research methodologies, and project and contract management (from project design to implementation)
• Leadership skills, including experience of building effective teams, defining targets and managing staff and partners
• Familiar with communications, policy and advocacy work and a confident communicator to external audiences
• Knowledge of Urban WASH sector in South Asian context is preferred and understanding of international development policy issues and how they relate to technology is desirable
|Date of expiry||20th Mar|
|Full/Part time||Full Time|
As the Senior Management Team member, the incumbent shall have the following major responsibilities.
• Be part of the international team and provide input into the strategic direction of the international Urban WASH programme, ensuring coherence with Practical Action’s country strategy and maximise Urban WASH works in the region
• Develop an approach in line with the framework for Change in Nepal and the SA Region to demonstrate, learn and inspire from our works to achieve bigger change
• Build and manage the in-country Urban WASH Programme Team ensuring better integration with Practical Action's other programme areas
• Develop, projects/programmes in line with Practical Action’s national, regional and international objectives, build Urban WASH work profile and raise funds
• Contribute to effective implementation of Nepal and SA Strategic Business Plan, country programme management and policy framework as a member of the Senior Management Team
For further detail on the Job Description, click the download tab.
Practical Action encourages all interested candidates to submit the duly filled application form (refer to the download tab) including recent passport size photograph, list of three professional references and a cover letter by email at HR@practicalaction.org.np mentioning the post applied for in the subject line no later than 19 March 2017.
Female candidates and candidates from disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.