Hydraulic ram pumps

A hydram is an automatic pumping device which utilises a small fall of water to lift a fraction of the supply flow to a much greater height.

Read more...

Comments

sanaullah said:

said:
    i need a impulse valve detail and its availability in india
    on 5/1/12

Gerald said:

said:
      It is a standard foot valve. Mostly not available at hardware stores. Try pump suppliers.Basiclly its a vertical non return that works horizontally. Unfortunatly a flapper type non return does not work unless modified and converted by removing the pin and drilling a hole in the center and then using a bolt as the guide.
      on 3/2/12

José Loreto said:

laurentum said:
    Is there any way to return the waste water back to the water source using a ram pump?
    on 20/1/12

Neil said:

said:

Normally the "waste" water is returned to the stream a little way further downstream. This is very similar to the micro-hydro schemes. So the only water that is lost to the stream is the water delivered by the ram pump.

on 23/1/12

Gerald said:

said:
      Unfortunately NO. The system works well in rivers where there is a reasonable fall +-4m.If you live in a water scarce area they are pretty useless. I am busy trying to reuse the waste. Keeping it simple and the costs down are proving quite difficult but not impossible. Just got to keep thinking outside the box and i am sure I will find the answer.
      on 3/2/12

R srinivasarao said:

said:
    I am not fitted valve drive pipe when water flow in pipe spring check valve is open and water is flowing and waste water check valve closed totally it is not open
    on 12/1/13

sathish.BE said:

said:
    waste water is feed to the hydroram, the system work or not .reply immediately
    on 2/9/13

Neil Noble said:

said:
      "Waste" water from one hydram could be used in another hydram further downstream but you could not redirect the water back into the same hydram.
      on 11/9/13

Shalini said:

said:
    I think it is not effective for lifting. The hydraulic cylinder gives such a force for lifting.
    on 24/10/13

Rowena S. Hansen said:

said:
    This outline has additionally moving parts, yet it performs the same thing and has the point of interest that it scales to any size quite effectively. The thought of utilizing the energy of streaming water has been around for quite a while! NorthernHydraulics.net
    on 29/10/13

Post a Comment