Cashew Nut Processing

An overview of cashew nut processing and the various choices in methods.

Read more...

Comments

sudheesh said:

said:
    Dear Sir, We are direct exporters of Raw Casehwnuts (unshelled) from Africa :- 1.IVORY COAST (45lb/165 count - 500T ); (45lb/190 count - 300T) 2. Gambia - (52lbs/200count - 500T) 3. G.Bissau - (52lbs / 220 count - 500T) Kindly advise interests. www.rawcashewnuts.com email: kg@rawcashewnuts.com email: kg7000@gmail.com skype : kgglobal1
    on 17/6/13

rokade prashant nashik maharashtra india said:

said:
    i am intrested in mfg. of cashew nut. but i donot no about processing
    on 10/3/14

tolu said:

said:
    I have the desire to have a cashew nut producing company,but I don't know hoow to process it
    2 weeks ago

Neil Philip Noble for Practical Action said:

said:

Before thinking about how to process the cashew nut you may want to think about the scale of operation as this will influence the approach to processing. The larger the operation the more investment taken in the processing facilities. If you are staring a small operation then much of the processing will be done by hand with simple tools that require a small financial investment.

The scale of the operation will depend not only on the supply of the raw materials but also on the market for the processed product. If you have not already looked at the market then this would be a good first step..

5 days, 6 hours ago

Komal Patel said:

said:
    I am interested in setting up a new plant for cashew nut processing. I am a mechanical engineer but new to this field and require guidance. Kindly oblidge.
    1 week, 1 day ago

Neil Philip Noble for Practical Action said:

said:

One thing to look at is how much you can invest in setting up a cashew nut processing plant. The scale of the operation is important in determining what equipment you need to invest in. A small operation can be undertaken with hand operated tools which will keep the cost of investment down.

And the other issue is looking at when determining the size of operation is the market for the final product. This may well depend on where you are based if you have not already established an export market. Exporting can be difficult for a newly set up operation and is easier to do for once you are more established.

5 days, 6 hours ago

Post a Comment