Biogas

Biogas is an organic fuel used for cooking and lighting purpose in domestic use that has been made from dung and other organic waste.

Read more...

Comments

Olatunde Johnson,SPIN-Farming Association Sierra Leone, P.M.BAG 950, 33 Robert Street,Freetown.Sierra Leone said:

said:
    Dear Sir/Madam, I am kindly requesting full information about BIOGAS for my farm "SEEDS OF KNOWLEDGE FARM".
    on 19/11/11
    • Reply said:
      One of the best sources of information is the book Running a Biogas Programme: A Handbook by David Fulford which is available from Practical Action Publishing. Another very useful publication is Improved Biogas Unit for Developing Countries GTZ, (now GIZ) 1991, 98 p. by Ludwig Sasse, Christopher Kellner, Ainea Kimaro. It describes the technology used by CAMARTEC (Centre for Agricultural Mechanization and Rural Technology) with the support of the GTZ Biogas Extension Service in Tanzania. This book and many other publications are available on the United Nations Development Programme CD Energy for Sustainable Development Library. GTZ (now GIZ) The German Development organisation has produced a whole range of practical guides to biogas technology in developing countries • Biogas Plants in Animal Husbandry (Contains a section on Fertilizing with Digested Slurry) • Biogas Plants • Improved Biogas Unit for Developing Countries • The Purification of Biogas • Dissemination of Biogas Plants in the Rural Areas of Kenya • Biogas Basics
      on 6/12/11

krishna said:

said:
    i have a three cow how to use a dung?
    on 24/11/11

Felix maki said:

said:
    Dear sir/madam, kindly give me information on constraction of a home biogas of 4 cows cow dung.
    on 4/12/11

Anderson Mwangudza said:

said:
    I have a biogas for cooking purposes, however, I wish to convert it for use in lighting. This due to increasing coats in electricity bills.
    on 19/3/12

zafarkhalid38@gmail.com said:

said:
    Living in the suburbs of Colombo and we have a 5X3X3 metre Human Waste concrete tank for the past 32 years and now its a white elephant. How do we obtain Biogas from this tank? Zafar Khalid
    on 19/3/12

Neil Philip Noble said:

neilnoble said:
      There are a few suggestions of what can be done if your biogas unit is not working in the brief Using a Biogas Digester which was originally written by the Practical Action office in Sri Lanka. Also have a look at the Sri Lankan website Janathakshan.
      on 22/3/12

Shelf said:

said:
    I'm glad that I've found your practicalaction.org site. I realize that you are an expert at your work! I am launching a website soon, and your info will be very useful for me.. Thank you for all your efforts and wishing you the success in your business.
    on 18/4/12

vsradha said:

said:
    Dear sir/madam, kindly give me information on construction of a home bio-gas of 4 cows cow dung.
    on 29/10/12

Post a Comment