Practical Action Consulting: Job opportunities
PAC LA Analyst Call
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action (PA) with headquarters in Rugby, UK. PAC Latin America (PAC LA) is based in Practical Action Peru Office (Soluciones Practicas in Spanish, before ITDG).
Currently, PAC LA is looking for an Analyst to be part of its core managerial team.
• Minimum academic level: Masters in Development related issues. Professional title in Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology or similar Social Sciences.
• High level English and Spanish, speaking and writing (compulsory).
• Project management (compulsory).
• Rural markets (access to markets, M4p approach, etc) or Environmental Management or Climate Change technical knowledge is an advantage. Familiarized with diverse research methodologies.
Personal skills and experience
• At least 5 years of professional experience in regional, national and international rural and urban development projects (compulsory).
• Demonstrated proposal development and reporting skills (compulsory).
• Demonstrated experience in financial management
• Experience in international development consultancy is an advantage.
• Very good capacity to work with a variety of institutions: private companies, government institutiones, and national and international NGO
• Strong ability to coordinate with PAC International Team in English and within an intercultural environment so to relate with all PAC country offices and PAC associates.
• Strong organisational skills with demonstrated multitasking experience
• Good analytical writer.
• Very good communication and negotiation skills.
• Very keen to learn and to specialize in Practical Action areas.
• Adaptable and flexible approach to work
Reporting to PAC LA Coordinator
A. Proposal Development
• Looking for consulting opportunities and developing proposals.
• Support the production of proposals and technical documents.
• Support the development of relations with new clients/donors and partners.
B. Planning and management
• Participate in planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
• Supervise technical and financial implementation of projects making sure to accomplish results in a timely manner and keeping high quality standards.
• Supervise the work done by consultants collaborating in consultancies activities.
• Permanently ensuring good relations with project beneficiaries, partners and clients (within and outside Practical Action). Ensure coordination and harmony in the working teams.
• Give technical support in your area of expertise, mainly for consultancies where s/he is directly involved.
C. Support PAC LA activities
• PAC LA Weekly Report elaboration and contribute to the elaboration of PAC LA Monthly Report.
• Contribute to institutional activities and keep fluent communication with all Soluciones Prácticas programmes and all PAC offices.
Salary in payroll with law benefits: gratifications, CTS, holidays, private health insurance, life insurance. Office located in San Isidro.
If interested in the position and met the requirements, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PAC LA Analyst” in the subject until the 07th April 2013.
Our organisation recognizes and promotes the participation of women at all levels
PAC East Africa - Consultancy Manager
Practical Action East Africa are seeking to recruit a Consultancy Manager who will take the lead in strategic development and delivery of consultancy work that will contribute to the achievement of the Practical Action’s regional strategy.
This is a challenging opportunity for a highly capable and motivated person who is able to build the consulting services through his/her own initiative and drive.
Our 5 year strategy focuses on three goal areas, Universal access to energy; Urban water, sanitation and
waste services; Food security, agriculture and disaster risk reduction. The cross-cutting themes are Markets
development, Gender and Climate Change. The ideal candidate should therefore have strong expertise in either
of these sectors.
• Manage the development and delivery of high quality technical consultancy in the EA region to meet PAC’s
strategic and fi nancial targets
• Develop and deliver a robust body of work that maximises associated linkages with all organizational Goal areas
• Developing presence and raise profi le of Practical Action amongst a strong network of donors and diverse clientele
working within the Region
• Work closely with Fundraising Manager, Goal Leaders and the International teams to ensure cross-team learning,
development of high quality proposals, timely and effi cient delivery of contracts
• Provide effective leadership to PAC staff and associate consultants and create an enabling environment for
optimum utilization of resources and staff capacities
• Lead the PAC’s regional team to develop and deliver work that focuses on infl uencing the policies and practice of
• Ensure knowledge generation and capture of project experience is effectively delivered through initiatives such as
authoring and commissioning of articles.
• A masters degree in a relevant discipline e.g Renewable Energy, Marketing, Agriculture, Climate Change, Urban
Services or development studies
• At least 10 years’ experience working in international organizations in a variety of contexts at senior management
and leadership level
• Strategic management and strategy implementation experience
• Project management experience: project development, coordinating, managing project associates and fi nancial
planning and control
• Background and technical expertise in either renewable energy, climate change, agriculture, markets or urban
services with demonstrated knowledge of relevant policies, strategies and key actors in the EA region
• Proven expertise and knowledge in development of winning proposals and work from donors and a network of
• Proven research, M & E skills and strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to lead, manage and inspire a team of capable individuals to deliver a team agenda while meeting
• Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
Application letter stating why you are the best person for this position together with a CV and names of three
professional referees (one of whom must be the most current supervisor) plus their day-time contacts should be
submitted to Practical Action by email on: email@example.com to be received no later than 19th April
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Practical Action is an “equal opportunity” employer and highly encourages women to apply.
Internships & volunteering
Practical Action Consulting is proud to work with Engineers Without Borders UK to offer a rolling internship scheme to graduates interested in starting their career in development. Opportunities will be posted here and on the EWB-UK website as they become available.