Despite mounting evidence that climate change is already seriously affecting the lives of poor communities around the world, the perception of EU citizens and decision makers is often that the negative impacts of climate change will not occur until some point in the future.
This remoteness is slowing progress towards the changes in local, national and international policies and practices that are needed to mitigate the worst impacts of climate change.
But it is often only when constituents are knocking on the doors of MPs, when shareholders are meeting with CEOs and when the media is full of an issue that change occurs.
Therefore, as part of Practical Action's work to raise awareness of climate change and development, we are running a series of free training sessions. More information on these sessions please browse through the tabs below.
*We are currently only offering this training to organisations who wish to partner with Practical Action on the training. If your organisation is interested in partnering with Practical Action to deliver training, please contact email@example.com*
We are working with a series of partners to deliver this training and provide ongoing support to our trained advocates. Our partners are:
UKYCC Event Feedback
"Thank you for a very fun, helpful and informative day."
On the 'Advocating for Change' session: "Very important. Happy that this was included. Climate change movement needs people with [heart] that want to inspire."
On the 'Understanding Campaign Strategy' session: "Found this particularly useful."
How enjoyable and interesting? 5 / 5
How innovative and needed? 4.6 / 5
I learnt new skills and / or knowledge 4.2 / 5
This was valuable for my organisation / group 5 / 5
Overall average score 4.7 / 5
- 09:30 – 10:00 – Welcome & Introduction
- 10:00 – 10:30 – Campaign gallery - taking a critical look at past campaigns and asking what impact they had and how they could have been improved.
- 10:30 – 11:15 – Understanding campaign strategy - keeping those campaigns in mind, we now look at the context and situations they grew out of as part of an introduction to strategic planning.
- 11:15 – 11:30 – Coffee break
- 11:30 – 13:00 – Turning learning into successful campaigns - tackling the prejudice that monitoring and evaluation (M&E) faces to understand how to turn the lessons from one campaign into successes in another.
- 3:00 – 14:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – 16:00 – Advocating for change - looking at what advocacy is and how to communicate the change we want to see.
- 16:00 – 16:30 – Putting our principles into action - a review of lessons have been learned over the day, and how the newly learned skills are going to be put in action going forward.
- 16:20 – 16:30 – Evaluation & close
For more information about our advocate training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org