Since October 8th, four EMMA reports from Pakistan have been published:
- Report on Wheat Market Systems (Flour/Seed) – in three provinces: Punjab, Sindh and KPK
- Report on Market Systems in Punjab – for wheat seed, animal fodder and agircultural labour
- Report on Market Systems in Sindh - for wheat seed, animal fodder, agricultural labour and bamboo/timber poles
- Report on Market Systems in KPK - for wheat seed/flour, livestock (small ruminants) and agricultural labour
The results of the Pakistan EMMA studies in Sindh, Punjab and KPK will be presented at a meeting in Islamabad on September 28th. Email EMMAPakistan@gmail.com for more information.No Comments » | Add your comment
Following the devastating floods in Pakistan, an interagency team is currently conducting EMMA studies in three regions: Sindh, Punjab and Khyber Pakhutunkhwa (KPK). The studies will be completed September 28th. The lead organisations are: Oxfam GB, the International Rescue Committee, ACF, ACTED, CARE International and Save the Children.No Comments » | Add your comment
Oxfam are looking to recruit an EMMA champion to lead and deliver Oxfam’s work in EMMA at an insitutional, regional and global level in partnership with IRC; and be their regional food security coordinator.
The post is based in Pretoria.No Comments » | Add your comment
After civil unrest in Kyrgyzstan in June 2010 led to large population displacements, IRC conducted EMMA studies of the critical markets. Market-system reports by Ben Barrows and Eugenia Gusev are now available for Potatoes, Wheat, Cement and CGI Roofing. The reports are also available in Russian language from here.
The above documents are .pdf.No Comments » | Add your comment
Join Mike Albu for a question and answer session about the EMMA Toolkit on June 10th. The session is organised for market and value-chain development practitioners, by the Groove and MaFI. For more information contact Renee Gifford – RGifford@qedgroupllc.comNo Comments » | Add your comment
Practical Action Consulting offer training in the EMMA Toolkit for individual practitioners and humanitarian organisations.
- Three day ‘Introduction to EMMA’ training – including orientation, concepts and applications
- Five day ‘EMMA practitioners’ training – including fieldwork experience and planning
More information about Practical Action Consulting training courses is available at Training & Toolkits pages
The EMMA Toolkit was launched by Mike Albu, Karri Byrne and Lili Mohiddin at the Overseas Development Institute in London on March 11th.No Comments » | Add your comment
The above reports are all .pdf documents.No Comments » | Add your comment