Lucho is the Programme Co-ordinator for Practical Action's Markets and Livelihoods work
Recommended reading: http://www.practicalaction.org.uk
Posts by Luis
When I went to Nairobi in March, Ibrahim and I had a very interesting conversation with Alex and Jane from our East Africa office. They shared with us how they facilitated a Participatory Market Mapping workshop for charcoal markets in Kenya.
Click on player to listen, or download MP3 file (17.8Mb)1 Comment » | Add your comment
In the no-tech day I went to Norfolk and disconnected from my laptop, the internet and my MP3 playerâ€¦ ah! and my mobile phone.
After several weeks of being wired to “The Matrix” it was great to breathe some fresh air and walk by the sea.
I love technology, and I love it more than I should, and had the No-Tech Day not existed, I am sure I would have at least plugged myself into my MP3 player, but that weekend was the perfect moment for me to have a no-tech day.
OK, I confessâ€¦ I could not do without the TVâ€¦ that would have been too weird, wouldn’t it?No Comments » | Add your comment
- Powering education in Zimbabwe
- A new STEM challenge – Stop the Spread
- Flood resilience offers dignity to disabled people
- Pesticide Use in Developing Countries
- Measured irrigation for smallholders: more crop per drop
- Establishing a water catchment network
- What is the key to building a resilient community?
- Sanitation is everyone’s responsibility
- Youth driving transformation of African agriculture
- Hard work paid off!
- Energy market development and scaling up
- 8 steps to make farmers flood resilient
- Programmes (983)
- Where we work (722)
- News and campaigns (1,217)
- Fundraising (161)
- Practical Answers (80)
- Practical Action Consulting (28)
- Schools (98)
Popular topics#BAD2014 Access to services adaptation Africa agriculture Bangladesh blog Blog Action Day CEO climate change communications Copenhagen 2009 development disaster risk reduction drought earthquake East Africa Education Energy energy access flood food security Fundraising ICTs Julie Brown Kenya Kenya visit Nepal News and campaigns New Technologies new technology Peru policy poverty Practical Action Reducing vulnerability renewable energy sanitation schools Schumacher Sudan technology technology justice water Zimbabwe
Admin and RSS feeds