Become an Associate
Many of our closest supporters become Practical Action Associates. Currently, over 2,500 of our supporters are Associates, committed to the long-term support of Practical Action and our partner communities.
Practical Action Associates play a vital role in supporting our unique approach to development. They add their personal commitment to the set of beliefs that lie behind everything Practical Action does:
- a passion for finding 'Practical Answers to Poverty'
- a belief in the benefits of helping poor people to help themselves
We value the commitment and support of our Associates, and share with them some special benefits:
As an Associate, you are a partner in Practical Action's work, and we'll keep you fully informed about new developments at Practical Action and the progress of our projects
- Become an Associate, and you will be invited to the annual Supporters' Day where you can meet the international staff and listen to their first hand experience at the sharp end of development.
- As an Associate, you will receive not only the Practical Action magazine Small World, but also regular Associate-only reports.
- Become an Associate, and your needs and requests for information and service will always be our priority.
Can you donate £15 per month by direct debit, or £180 per year, as an Associate?
If you share our beliefs, click here to set up your direct debit now.
For further information on the scheme, phone (+44) (0)1926 634532 or e-mail email@example.com
Our most recent Supporters' Day for Associates was held on Saturday 16th June 2012 at Prospero House, London. The theme for the day was "Our Work on the Ground". In addition to talks by our CEO Simon Trace and Alison Marshall, a trustee of Practical Action, there was a series of workshops on topics including "Kenya: women working their way out of poverty", "Making milk markets work in Bangladesh", "Zimbabwe: it starts with a village", and Practical Action inspires students". Around 300 Practical Action supporters joined our staff and trustees to look back at our recent work, and forward to what we hope to achieve in the coming year.
If you would like an invitation to the next Supporters' Day, become an Associate now.