- Together, we could end hunger for thousands of people
- Poor people's energy briefing Our new series offers critical input into the fast moving and dynamic energy sector from the perspective of what matters for poor people.
- Practical Answers Explore our knowledge bank of appropriate technologies and practical guides on our new, improved website
- Practical Action win UN Momentum for Change award at COP20 Our collaborative approach to building the flood resilience of vulnerable communities has been recognised by the UN.
- Make a difference this year by taking part in the cycle event with a difference – Nightrider
What we do
We use technology to challenge poverty, working with poor women and men around the world.
Make a difference today
With a regular or single gift, you can support our work with poor people in developing countries.
News from our blogs
Connect on our social sites, or read our blogs
Where we work
In Peru and Bolivia, we help communities set up small-scale technological solutions in remote areas where there is no access to basic services, including electricity, heating, clean water and sanitation.
Building on our recent extension of consultancy work into west Africa, Practical Action has recently set up an office in Senegal to deliver impact at scale in Francophone west Africa.
Our offices in Kenya and Sudan work with communities to develop practical solutions in energy, agriculture and urban water and waste, reducing the impact of conflict and disasters. A new office in Rwanda is extending our consultancy and technical information services in the region.
Our Southern Africa office works primarily in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique, with an emphasis on improving access to clean drinking water and better sanitation in urban slums, increasing the productivity of smallholders in arid regions, and increasing energy access in rural and urban areas.
From offices in Nepal, Bangladesh and India, Practical Action addresses the diverse problems facing poor communities in South Asia, in particular concentrating on agriculture, disaster risk reduction and urban waste and sanitation.
Practical Action's head office in the UK provides assistance to all other regional and country offices in the areas of finance, capacity building, technical support and marketing, helping local offices to focus on the main objectives of poverty alleviation.